Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Days 22-24 of 25 Christmas Crafts

So, I was not feeling well, and did not get the other crafts posted last week. So, I am putting them all in one post!

Craft 22 was making foam picture ornaments. I sort of cheated on this one, I bought the package from Oriental Trading. Then printed out some pictures of the kids and had them make the ornaments. I can't show too many pictures of these because they are being used as gifts. But here is a picture of the ornaments.


 Craft 23 was making placemats for Santa's cookies. This can be a quick and easy activity or could involve more work. Since I wasn't feeling well, we did the really easy route, we coloured them. I basically just drew 2 circles on a piece of paper, one smaller than the other. In the bigger circle I wrote "Cookies for Santa" and the smaller was "Milk for Santa". I also drew one big carrot on one of the placemats and wrote "Carrot for Rudolph" and on the other placemat I did 8 small carrots and wrote "Carrots for the reindeer". (I had one placemat for each child!). Then, I let them colour! 

 Once they were done colouring we covered the paper with packing tape, so we can lay out the cookies, milk and carrots right on top! 



Craft 24 is bird feeders. We thought that it would be nice to make a present for the neighbourhood birds. 

First I collected everything we needed, an empty toilet paper roll (with all the bits peeled off), a bowl of peanut butter and spoon, a plate filled with bird seed, and string. I also used the hole punch to punch holes in the toilet paper roll. 



 The kids strung the string through the toilet paper roll, and then we tied it, so we can hang it from the tree. Then we covered the toilet paper roll with peanut butter.


Once it was all coated, we laid it down on the plate full of bird seed. The kids rolled it, and put the bird seed on it, until it was covered!


Then, you can hang it in the tree! 


No comments:

Post a Comment