Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 15 of 25 Christmas Crafts

Today, I started out with one basic craft idea, and then it morphed into something else. So, the first picture doesn't have everything we used, but I will add what else we put into it! 

We were making basic thumb print reindeer, but, then the idea morphed into the 8, sorry 9 reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh! 

First I got out some finger painting paper, brown paint, a paint brush, and some markers. (not pictured is the sleigh I cut out of red paper, and the santa sticker, and glue). 

 I did the kids thumb prints with brown paint first- and let those dry. I did 2 thumb prints per reindeer- one for the head and one for the body. 

Then we stuck on the Santa sticker- on the sleigh. And coloured that! 

 Then, once the thumb prints were dry, we drew antlers, faces, feet and tails on each reindeer, and coloured it. 


 Then we glued the sleigh onto the reindeer paper. And then we had Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen---oh yeah, and most important- Rudolph, pulling Santa's sleigh!



No comments:

Post a Comment