Sunday, November 6, 2011

handprint tree

Every "season" I have 4 picture frames that I change with the kids art work- something that has to do with the season. 

Today, I was trying to clean the house, so, I got a craft ready for the kids to do, so it could go in the frames for the next couple of months. We decided to make a handprint tree, and connect all of the frames. Since Christmas is coming (48 days), we made it a Christmas tree! 

First, I taped 4 papers together, on the back- us painters tape or masking tape, so it will come off easily. I got the brown and green finger paint ready, and the kids! 



 Then, since I have 2 kids and want to use all 4 frames together, I alternated who's hand I was using to do the handprint down the paper. I started with one on the top, and got down to 5. Then I painted their hands brown and did the truck of the tree. 
 After that was dry, I let them colour the star, and other things on the tree.

Once they were done adding their special touches, we put them up in the frames (we had to adjust them a bit so they were closer together. And we have them on a wall with our thermostat, so that is there- we will decorate it when we "deck the halls"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment