Thursday, November 24, 2011

Free Craft Thursday

Today, the kids and I went to the mall. We actually bought our Christmas tree- we needed a new fake one! So, it made sense that when we got home, we made ornaments (no, the tree is not going up yet!).

I had bought some plastic ornaments from oriental trading, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them. We talked about putting different things in them (they open)- like cotton balls, sparkles, ripped coloured paper, tin foil, etc. But, we finally decided on painting them. I only had tempera paint in Christmas colours, so, I also added some glue. Then, of course, we added sparkles.

Basically, I opened the ornament balls, and put some white glue in. Then a bit of paint, and we shook some sparkles in. Then the kids painted all around the insides. After they were done, we put a "hanger" on them using pipe cleaners.

We did do one ornament per child at a time, and used one paint brush per colour- mainly to keep the ornaments looking festive and not- brown/black!



No comments:

Post a Comment