Monday, April 4, 2011

Simple Crafts

Today, I don't have pictures- the battery in my camera died! But- the crafts we did today are simple. Simple enough just to explain what I did.

The first one we did (yes we did two because they were simple, and the kids were all in a crafty mood!) was a coloring picture. It is a picture of a bear cub jumping in a puddle, he has an umbrella and rain gear on. I got it out of one of the teacher books I have, but you could use any rainy type picture you have, or make. Basically the kids just colored this. But, while they were doing it we talked about rain, and how it usually rains in April. We talked about the phrase "April showers bring May flowers", and the letters that spell out April. (I wrote April on the top for them to color too!). You could also add sparkles to the rain and puddles, or glue cut out tin foil for the rain/puddles.

The second craft was easy too. We made Happy Easter signs. I have foam Easter stickers, regular Easter stickers, and got together pastel colored markers. The kids got to pick which color of pastel colored paper they would like to do theirs on. I then had them stick all of their Easter stickers all over the page. After they did that, I wrote "Happy Easter" and their names on the paper. Then asked them to write it themselves (the older ones). They looked at the letters I had done, and tried themselves. Both of them were very proud that they wrote Happy Easter! After that they colored their page with the pastel colored markers. One drew more Easter Eggs, and the other made homes for the bunnies on the stickers.

Sometimes simple things are great too! Sometimes all you need is paper, markers and imagination! (Stickers help too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment