Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hatching chick

Today we made a hatching chick. Again, a fairly easy craft, but you could add anything you wanted to it.

First I gathered everything we would need. I cut the yellow paper into a chick coming out of an egg, and the white paper into an egg shape. I got markers and the clasp things (that I can't remember the name of right now- HAHA!). I also got together glue and scissors. You could paint these, add glitter or collage them, we just did markers for ease today!



Then I had the kids color the chick and the egg...




After they colored them, I cut the egg in two. Following the zig zag lines. Then had the kids glue the bottom piece to the bottom part of the chick paper. (I left that larger bottom on the yellow (chick) piece just to make this part easier for them.



And then we added the clasp thing (again, can't remember the name)- which attached the top part of the cracked egg, and lets it open and close, to see the chick! After they did that, I had them write their names, and the word Egg on it- since we are talking about Letters this week. They both did the letters themselves- not bad for being three and a half hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment