Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Fun

Today, we did two crafts. There are just so many things to do around holiday times, that I like to get them all in!

The first one we did was bunny Ear headbands. First I collected everything we needed. I just had the kids color the ears, so the younger ones could do it too, but you can do anything!

I needed 2 bunny ears per child- I cut these out of cardboard, so they will stand up- if you use cardboard the possibilities are endless with how you decorate them! We were coloring, so I got the markers. Then the stapler, and the bands- which I made out of construction paper, fit to each child's head! We also had some Easter stickers for the head band!



Then I let the kids color on their ears!


(see even the younger ones can do it!)

After they were done, we put the stickers on their head bands, and stapled the ears on!



The next craft was an Easter Egg. Again, you could do this with any art supplies- collage stuff, crayons, glitter, paint etc. We used "special paint" so it would be shiny. I mixed some liquid tempra paint with white craft glue. It will dry with a 3-D type image to it, and be nice and shiny!

Before I mixed the paint I cut big egg shapes out of cardboard- use cardboard because the kids need to put lots on to make it stand out!


Then have the children paint on the paint mixture. Have them try painting it, dripping it and even swirling it! See what they come up with!
(please note, they will take a while to dry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment