Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter basket

Easter baskets were today's craft! This is a multi-step activity, you can do it all at once, or spread out during the day.

First I got the papers ready. I cut half circles for the basket part- I cut these out of cardboard. Then I drew out the eggs and bunny to put in the basket. Then we cut strips of paper for the "basket" (weave). Older kids can help cut the strips. Also- with older children, you can show them how to "weave" the strips on their basket.

Then I gathered everything we needed. Besides the paper stuff that I already had together, I got pipe cleaners, markers, glitter glue, paint brushes, and the glue- which I colored with brown paint. I put the glue/paint in a bigger shallow dish.




I let the kid paint the glue/paint onto their baskets. And then start adding the paper strips (weave). You have to sort of hurry with this step, before the glue/paint dries.




After they put the strips on, we decorated it a little more with the glitter glue!

Then, they started coloring their bunny and eggs.


Then we cut them out, and glued them onto the basket. (You can also glue them to the back, so it looks like they are in the basket- but I made it simple for them to do!)



Then we added the pipe cleaner for the handle of the basket!


No comments:

Post a Comment