Friday, April 8, 2011

2 crafts in one!

Today we ended up making 2 crafts in one! Since we have been talking about letters, and what letters are in each child's name, I decided to have them make a picture and then stick letter stickers- from their names, onto the picture. They turned out well, and actually turned into two crafts!

First I collected everything we needed. Paper, sponges (you could do anything for the picture), paint (I use finger paints when we do sponge painting, it is easier to come off and always ends up all over their hands! And the foam stickers- enough to spell out each child's name a couple times!



Then I put the paint onto a piece of cardboard for each child (so they all had their own paint, and wouldn't fight!)

After that, I gave them their supplies- paper, paint, and sponges, and let them go to it!


After they were done painting (with sponges and fingers!), I gave them each a pile of letters, all the letters of their names. I waited for them to notice these were letters from their names, and it didn't take long. Then we talked about the letters in each of their names!



When we were done, we had 2 crafts, little did they know. I kept their paint tray's (the cardboard pieces I put their paint on). It makes a great abstract piece, and holds up! And we had their letters in their name painting!





Both crafts may take awhile to dry- depending on the piles of paint! So, make sure you have somewhere to store it until it dries!

No comments:

Post a Comment