Friday, September 2, 2011

Letter Trees

Today, I was flying by the seat of my pants with a craft. I hadn't really thought of one. So, I looked outside for inspiration. I actually saw leaves turning yellow, and falling to the ground. So, I thought, with school going back in, and leaves changing colours that it was time to change the art frames that I have up on the walls. So, I combined the changing colours with back to school, and came up with Letter trees. We also read chicka chicka boom boom after we did this! First I drew out a tree for each kid. I drew a big letter in the middle (the first letter of their name), with little ones around it. Then I made the "owl hole" with the letter as well! Then I got the paints ready- the kids really wanted to fingerpaint today, so that is what we did!
Then, I just let them go for it!
After they were done, I put them on a green paper background- I have a few frames in my house that I put the kids art work in for a few months and then change it, so my kids trees will go in those for awhile- that I why they are on the green background!

No comments:

Post a Comment