Thursday, September 22, 2011

handprint trees

I have two crafts here as well. There are many ways to do these crafts, and you can do them for any season!

The first one we did was finger paint trees.
I got everything together that we needed- paint, paper- and that is pretty much all! Then I painted the kids hands and we stamped them on the paper. Then with their fingers, they can dip in the red, yellow, orange and brown paint and put their finger prints on the paper for the leaves...




Then today we made fall handprint trees with paper and glue. First I got everything ready. I cut a bunch of leaves out of orange, red, yellow and brown paper. As well as some brown pieces to trace the kids hands on, and cover the toilet paper roll. I cut down paper towel rolls to make the trees a bit bigger! Then I got some crayons and glue.

I traced the kids hands onto a piece of paper (both hands), and then let them colour the square piece that will be the trunk. Once they were done colouring the trunk piece, we put glue on their handprints and they glued the coloured leaves on.


Then we covered the paper towel rolls with the square that they coloured. Cut out the hand prints, and then glued them onto the covered paper towel roll.


I did put a bit of tape on the backs of their handprints, and into the roll to hold them up.

Then we had our handprint trees...


No comments:

Post a Comment