Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Two crafts

This week we were talking about ice cream. First we made Banana splits.

I let the kids cut circles out of white/cream paper, while I cut smaller pieces from red- for strawberries, and yellow- for pineapple, and cut the banana. Then I also made dishes for them. And got some brown paint ready- for the chocolate sauce!


First the kids glued the ice cream circles onto the paper. Then the strawberries and pineapple, and the banana!


Then we painted on the brown paint for chocolate sauce...


And then you have your banana split!!!
(sorry for some reason no final picture!)


Today we made rootbeer floats. I did these two ways, for older and younger kids.

First I gathered what we needed- paper cut into a float glass shape, paint (which I mixed with bubble mixture to get it really bubbly! Cotton balls and straws- plus glue, tape and a paint brush.


With the older kids, I let them use their straws to blow the paint around to cover the paper, and the smaller kids used the paint brush and stamped around the paper.



Then we pulled on the cotton balls and glued them to the top of the "glass" for the ice cream. After that we taped their straw to the top! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment