Friday, August 5, 2011

Ice cream week

Again, two crafts in one, because I didn't get time yesterday to post!

Yesterday we did ice cream cones, but, about me ice cream cones. I got everything ready, cut out the circles for the ice cream- each child got three. Cut out the cone, and got the markers and glue. Then on each circle I wrote something. "My name is", I am" and "I like".


I filled in the blanks for the younger kids, and let them start colouring. The older ones I had them write their names, how old they are and then helped them write things that they liked. Then I had them colour and draw on their ice cream's!



After they were done colouring we used the glue to put them together!




Today we are making ice cream sundaes for snack. That was going to be our craft for the day, but I came up with an ice cream man puppet. So, we did that as well!

First I made all the pieces to make the ice cream mad- 3 scoops, a cone, eyes, nose, mouth and arms- oh and a cherry- for his hat! Then I found some toilet paper rolls, glue and markers. (You could also use glitter for sprinkles).

The kids started the craft by colouring everything- I gave them pink, brown and yellow- strawberry, chocolate and vanilla!




When they were done colouring, we cut all the pieces out, and started gluing our ice cream man together!



Then we put glue on the toilet paper roll, and put our ice cream man on that!


Then, once they are dry, you have an ice cream man puppet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment