Monday, August 29, 2011

On the farm

Last week, my computer was broken! So, here are the crafts that we did...

We were talking about the farm. So, we started with making some puppets. I drew out a cow and a horse and had the kids colour them. Then we cut them out, and taped them to popsicle sticks. The kids had a blast making a puppet show with their animals, and singing "old MacDonald"!





We also made a lift up tab farm. It takes some time to prepare- well for more than one child, but it is worth it. First I cut the farm shape out of a red piece of paper- you could also use white and have the kids colour it, but I knew they wouldn't last that long! Then I cut the doors and windows out- well three sides of each- so they are flaps. Then on a different piece of paper- just white, I drew out the animals- one for each window/door- you have to put the farm over top so you know where they go and can line them up.


Then I let the kids colour the animals. After colouring, we glued the farm onto the paper with the animals.




With the older kids, we wrote the names of the animals and what they say (animal noise) on the window/door tab! The kids had a great time playing with their farms, as well as knowing the letters in each animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment