Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Art wall

I am like every other mom (and dad) out there, looking at all these crafts that the kids make, wondering how to display them. The fridge can only hold so much stuff. And, there are some pieces that you want to have up for a longer time.

I have tried a few different ways, none of them just right for where I have my "art wall" in the house. I have been scouring pinterest trying to find something that is perfect for our area. And, I found it. I did find it on pinterest, and followed that too here. She has a few other good ideas as well.

But, here is what mine turned out like...
It was so easy, and so cheap too! I got the clipboards from the dollar store ($4 total), I also bought black paint there too (just a small bottle- which was $1). Then I had to go to walmart for the letters- they were $1.50 each- so $4.50. Then I bought the 3M velcro stuff to hold the letters on (the stuff that just pulls and peels away from the wall when you are done with it)- I bought a bulk pack of the stuff because I love it! I only used 3 though- for the letters, the clipboards are hanging on pins so I can take them down. So, the whole thing was probably about $11! I wanted them to be black, but you could get it to match anything in your house!

I am also going to use the idea with the IKEA curtain wire (here), but at the top of our stairs with some other stuff (I will post that when I do it too!). I have done this before, and loved it! I am going to put it at the kids level so they can change it!

And, if you are looking for a way to remember it all, without keeping it all (some stuff is on the larger, awkward size)- try to take a picture of each item with your child as they bring it home, or do it. then, each year, or so, you can make a photo book of all the things they have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment