Wednesday, July 20, 2011

fun with paint

Today, we just had a fun with paint day. I got out the paints and sponge stampers (which you can make with sponge that you cut, or buy the shapes!). While the kids we stamping and painting, we talked about colours, shapes, numbers, and more! They loved learning about mixing the colours too!

While I have you all here, I wanted to talk about something close to me. The light the night walk. It is a walk to raise money for blood cancers. As some of you may know, I was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2009, and when my kids were 6 months old and 2.5 years. It was a horrible time, but thanks to research, great doctors and an amazing stem cell donor match with my brother, I am still around, and doing great.

Each year they hold a light the night walk http://www.lightthenight.ca/
My family and I have walked in this walk since before I was diagnosed, walking with my husbands cousin. We are raising money for the walk here...http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1111969&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=direct%2fnone

And, if you would like, there is a scentsy party being held online until July 31--- here is the info...
The party will be OVER on Sunday July 31, so if you would like to order anything, please do so before then.

I have placed a couple orders, and I am so happy with the service, and the product. Just to give those of you who don't know what it is an idea- it is a wickless, safe way to have amazing scents that you would get from scented candles- but they last much longer, and have a better smell. I ordered the mid sized warmer pack- it came with 3 packages of scents. Each package of scents has 8 blocks in it- and I have had each of those last up to 2 weeks (and it smells in my whole house!). You burn one block at a time. So- the 3 packages will last a long time!

They also have other items- I have also ordered the room sprays, which I love. The scent packs- which I have in the bathroom, since I can't use the plug in ones (a friend has the plug in one, and LOVES it!). The scent packs can also be used in children's rooms with the scent buddy, which would be a great gift! I also have the scent tins, I put them in the car- and love those as well!

These items are great for you to keep at your house/car/bag etc. But also make a good gift, wedding, birthday or Christmas! This month, they are also doing bring back my bar- so there are scents that haven't been available in awhile!

If you are interested in placing an order, you can do so at https://scentswithjoy.scentsy.us/Home
If you are in Canada, just go to the top right corner and change the flag to the Canadian flag. Then- if you are in the US or Canada, you can click on Brianne's Brigade and then shop.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If you know others that are interested, or you think would be interested, please pass on the link! (or this email).

As for the donation part, the lady who is "hosting" the party, will be donating her commissions directly to Brianne's Brigade for the light the night walk. She makes 25% in commissions, and is donating all 25% of what is ordered (so 25 % of what you purchase will be donated).

The party can not be extended past the 31st of July. So, if you would like to order, you can do so before the 31st. This will give her time to get her commissions and donate them to the light the night walk before the walk.

thank you to all of you for reading, and enjoying the crafts that we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment