Friday, March 25, 2011

Sunflowers

Today, we made handprint sunflowers! We are trying to bring on Spring- can you tell!? These are pretty easy to make, but definitely need supervision, and help!

First I gathered everything we needed. Paper- plain paper and green paper, paint (and supplies), scissors and tape. I also had a package of wipes to wipe little hands before they leave the table. These come in handy when dealing with smaller children, or multiple children! You don't have to worry about rinsing cloths, or helping one wash while the others get into everything- you are at the table all the time!



Then I painted one of their hands yellow. (I don't have pictures because I didn't trust any of them not to touch anything while I took a picture! I also did one child at a time- just easier!). When their hand was painted, I put it on the paper- then repeat- going in a full circle on the page, palms overlapping each time.

Then, I let them dip their finger in black paint. Then they made the seeds out of their black finger print. (I have a picture of Danika doing it- she wanted to make a face in hers too!)



After that we let them dry. While they were drying myself and the older ones made the stems. We took the green paper (ours was already smaller, but you can make them as long as you want) and rolled them up. You want to use a thicker paper- or even popsicle sticks or something strong so they stay up. We put popsicle sticks in them to hold the flower up straighter.



Then once the flowers were dried we taped them to the stem (the popsicle stick inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment