Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sand fun

Today looks gloomy outside, so we decided to turn the kitchen into some art fun! We sort of did 3 things today, and one will last the whole day!

First thing this morning, I made some coloured salt. I put some salt in small bowls and each bowl also had a piece of chalk. I "mixed" around the bowl of salt, using the chalk. In a few seconds we had coloured salt. You can also put the chalk in a bag with the salt and move it all around.

The first thing we did with the salt was salt pictures. (I told the kids it was coloured sand!)

I got some glue, paper and the salt.

They drizzled the glue all over their papers- older kids might make a design.


And then we dropped the sand all over the paper. Once it dries it will be a rainbow of colours on the paper!



With the left over sand, we put them into baby food jars, for a nice decoration!

After that was done, we pulled out the long paper roll. I taped it to the floor and had each child lay down on the paper. I traced around them, and then they went to work decorating their bodies. They have gone back and forth a few times now, playing, colouring, playing, colouring! They will be on the floor in the kitchen for most of the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment