Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pot O Gold

St. Patricks Day is this weekend. So, of course, we started the crafts that we want to do to celebrate. While I was getting things together, I went to explain what St. Patricks day is to the kids. Then, Danika and Landon spoke up and told me that their teacher at preschool told them already. They told me that she said, "The leprechaun comes in your house, makes a mess and leaves the kids coins"- UM WHAT! Now, we have to leave them coins- when did this start! So, I am not sure what I am going to do- maybe chocolate coins if I can find some. But we will see!

Today, we were making pot of gold! Complete with rainbow. I got everything ready to begin. I cut the pot of gold, colours for the rainbow, and the coins. I also made a shamrock for each of the kids to put on too. This was an easy craft, but the kids love it!


First they had to glue the rainbow together. This was good for the older kids, because we talked about going from biggest to smallest, colours, and other colours in the rainbow.


Then we glued on the pot!


And then to complete the pot o gold, we added the gold pieces and the shamrock!




Ta Da! 


No comments:

Post a Comment