Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mess free, Valentine's Day finger painting

Yep, that is what I said- Mess FREE! This is a pretty easy project, and you could just do it so the kids play with it when it is done. But, I had them help create their mess free "paper".

First, I got everything ready, I cut the framework out- 2 hearts for each. Then got a plastic ziploc bag- you could use freezer bags- those would hold up better, but I only had regular- and you can use any size, but if you are framing it, make sure your frame is big enough! Then I got the packing tape, paint, and crayons. Our hearts were a bit bigger than the bag, so we also made "I love you" signs.


The kids coloured the frames, and the sign first.



Then we filled the bags with finger paint. I used finger paint just incase a hole appears in the bag- then it is totally washable! We put a couple squeezes of paint in each bag (they could probably use a little less, but it will work when they are hanging up! We zipped the bag up, and also put a layer of packing tape over the zipper part- to make sure it stays closed!




Then we taped the bag to the back of one of the hearts, and glued the other one on- sandwiching the paint bag!


After that was done, we glued on the I love you sign, and we are letting them dry!


Once those are dry, we will hang them on the window (I recommend using something like a patio window or a window they can reach that is above something washable- just incase!). You can also just leave them on the table! Then the kids can "paint" with them whenever they want!



No comments:

Post a Comment