Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Seeds, sunflower seeds

Today we talked about seeds, and how they are how a flower starts to grow. So, we made sunflowers with sunflower seeds!

First I got everything ready. I cut circles out of cardboard (a cereal box), plus another circle just out of paper. Then I cut all the flower petals- you can also cut the child's handprint out many times! I got those together with the glue, sunflower seeds and popsicle sticks.



Then I let the kids start gluing on the flower petals around the card board circle.


When they had all the petals on that they wanted, they glued the paper circle onto the cardboard one...

When that was one, we put glue ALL over that, and started placing on the sunflower seeds.



Once those are dried- tip them over a sink or counter and get the seeds off that didn't stick. (we also put some of the squeeze glue over the top of them). Then we taped the popsicle sticks to the back- for the stem. I have green sticks, but you can use any- or paint or color them!

No comments:

Post a Comment